Baxi 105e 60 error

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have intermittent error on 60 degree light.. Does not happen all the time but is becoming more regular.. Pump is spinning and only way to get rid of error light seems to be a short twist of pressure relief valve, then re pressure back to 1.5 bar. auto air vent looks a tad shoddy, so could it be a am getting air locks, and maybe need to replace it.?? any advise would be great.

JB

Sponsored Links
Thats fault on pump or system pressure and both need to be investigated.
If the AAV is looking shoddy then it probably is, so replace it.

Cheers for reply.. got be worth a look at first for £8 part.. shopping tomorrow

AAV replaced filled to 1.25 BAR and all seems good so far.. Only ting noticed is pressure rises to 1.5 bar on call for HW... Will let thing settle down and hope !!!

Sponsored Links
OK 1 Month has passed and seems the fault is back, only this time 60 fault light comes on every time power is turned on. Removed pump centre screw and can see pump spinning when water is called, small amount of water can be seen when removed, New AAV installed and system bled. Could pump be spinning but on last legs causing the error.??? Any suggestions would be appreciated. J UPDATE!!! Now light illuminates when power is turned on.. No DHW or CH. Am getting 240v at pump and 3& 6 on A4 PCB. Although spinning pump maybe ??

UPDATE 2 .... Found this on ukplumbers forum -got me thinking air in system. Turns out gave system a good bleed etc and touch wood now working great.

Default Re: baxi 105e instant

thanks for all your help guys , talked to , baxi repairer , common fault on 105e instant when boiler fully drained down , air lock in boiler , told to remove , diverter valve electric motor push down pin manully , and turn on to ch, mode lots of air then . 60 deg light stopped flashing after a bit then boiler fired , and outo blleeder kicked in then turned over to h w , all fine , after installing ex pv and both diaphrams my boiler , preseure sits at 1 bar and doesnt , move when useing ch, or dhw , i uesed a 18 ltr , coz got 15 rads, tested heating twice, all great and been useing dhw for 4 days all fine, hope this trick can help someone else.

Is your boiler the instant model or just a 105e? They have different water sections.

I would be checking the pump flow switch. They are prone to sticking on the e models.

Baxi 105e combi is stamped on acccess panel. so in answer not sure.. pump flow switch , where would that be located.??

Not an instant then.

The pump flow switch is located on top of the diverter valve about 1/2 way along it. THe diverter is the big lump of brass on the left hand side.

The little pushrod should be sat level with the body at rest and push up onto the microswitch when the pump runs. Once the pump stops, the pushrod should drop back down again.

ah yes with you now.. both push rods for DHW and CH actuate correctly and micro switches are engaged.. as mentioned had heating and water on and off for 2 hours now.. all seem well. so a tad strange.. will have to monitor and see what happens. Cheers J

ITS back but tis time intermittent, 60 error now flashes when it wants. sometimes on call for DHW and sometime on call for CH, Sometimes when no call for anything. Then is stops without warning or intervention. I am going to drain system once more in case of air lock etc. Any suggestions or is it time for me to get Baxi or a heating engineers in.??

drained off boiler from flow and return at base of boiler. without opening any vents upstairs..closed drain off re fill to 1.25 bar and hey presto here we go again. no errors and boiler functioning as it should ..It seems this will last for a couple of weeks and then 60 error will appear

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back