Baxi 105e boiler pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi am after a bit of help and advice if anyone can help.....i have a baxi 105e boiler and for some reason i have to adjust/top up the pressure just about every other day....have told my land lord but nothing doing there...any ideas why so as i dont sound like a complete idiot when trying to explain to him what im on about or what needs doing to resolve this problem
thanks

Sponsored Links
HI

not simple my friend.

1.prv leaking outside
2.expansion vessel faulty
3.leak in the system
4.plus more

HI

not simple my friend.

1.prv leaking outside
2.expansion vessel faulty
3.leak in the system
4.plus more

hi cheers lunat, sorry very new to this, so this could be the answer to my £400 quarterly bill then....
am guessing its not the job for my limited diy skills then
but thanks once again

hi thanks lunat, will have to tell him what you have advised....never know, i might be taken a little more seriously if i can suggest something technical.....

Sponsored Links
Hi
This leak will not have an effect on your gas bills.
The reason your bils are what they are is the controls setup.
Do you have a room stat?
Do you have TRV's?
Do you buy your gas from your landlord(through a secondary meter)? :eek:

When boiler is in central heating mode does the pressure rise quickly?

Graham

Hi linky, err...not sure what TRV's are... as for pressure increases in CH mode...sadly not....it just loses pressure all the time...have just manually topped up the pressure at valve underneath boiler, and within half an hour the pressure has dropped to virtually zero, and no we dont buy gas from landlord just piped in as normal

Hi am after a bit of help and advice if anyone can help.....i have a baxi 105e boiler and for some reason i have to adjust/top up the pressure just about every other day....have told my land lord but nothing doing there...any ideas why so as i dont sound like a complete idiot when trying to explain to him what im on about or what needs doing to resolve this problem
thanks

How long has this been going on (loss of pressure?)

Hi, we have been having problems with the pressure since just before christmas, so roughly 6-7 weeks now

With that amount of water loss regularly you would easily spot a system leak unless you have wodden floors downstairs and the leak is under the floorboards. As you don't seem to have expansion vessel issues check if the pressure relief valve pipe is dripping....it should terminate outside.

If it is it needs changing

now sorry if i sound a bit blonde here(im not honest), but would the outlet valve be on the outside wall where the boiler is situated(kitchen)?

Check inside the boiler for any signs of a leakage. The water can be lost by leakage or evaporation. Check the CH and DHW diaphragms as the diaphragms have to be flexible to operate the electrical contacts and non porus to prevent fluid loss. Do not change components without good cause and proof.

And best you check date of post its from way back in feb ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back