Baxi 105e hot water Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In the last couple of days my Baxi 105e has started being slow to heat the radiators and will only give me hot water at a trickle, if I turn the water on above half way it runs cold. We have recently had gas mains work done in our area which also required me to have a new governor on the meter, I thought it might be a gas pressure problem so I called the gas man back who said I am getting 22millibars and that can't be the problem.

I have checked the diaphragms in the diverter and the pressure diff and they are fine, checked and cleaned the diverter and phex and they are ok also.

There are no fault lights, burner fires up with no problems and fires all the time the DHW is running, diverter is not bypassing down the ch

Starting to suspect the primary heat exchanger and/or gas pressure issue, my question is are there any other parts that may be responsible, temp sensors, switches etc that would give these symptoms and that I can change before calling an engineer.

Thanks for any help and advice

Sponsored Links
Working pressure at the boiler and gas rate may help.

Thank you guys appreciate the feedback I must admit the pump was something I hadn't considered, is there a way of checking the pump or is it a case of just trying a new one?

I will have to get a gas safe engineer in to check the working pressure and gas rate

Thanks for the advice

Sponsored Links
Read the FAQ about the finger test.

But only a gas engineer should do that on your boiler model!

Tony

The boiler should light up with the gas/flame modulated, then switch to full (unmodulated) mode as soon as the flame is detected. Is this happening?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back