Baxi 105e hw but no ch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
my baxi 105e works fine for hot water, but when I try to put the central heating on it fires up for a few seconds then the flame goes out, it does this a few times before stopping. The flame failure light (30) then flashes.

The plumber thinks it is a problem with the pcb and tried replacing it, but this didn't work and he thinks the new pcb is faulty and has ordered a new one

Similar problems in the forum suggest a problem with the diverter valve or the diaphram. is this more likely than the pcb? (the plumber's a good guy but he's more of an installer than a repairman)

Thanks

Steve.

Sponsored Links
The diverter valve is easily checked visually ( by someone who knows what to look for!" ).

It seem to me that your boiler may think its delivering hot water.

It could be a PCB fault but I would first suggest that the gas valve maximum and minimum settings are checked by a CORGI engineer and then any settings on the PCB.

Boiler repairs are easy but only for those who understand how they work!

Tony Glazier

Your problem lies with the gas valve. I would suggest that the min gas setting is incorrect, it is not likely to be a wet problem as the boiler is failing on flame sensing. Setting the gas valve up is for a corgi installer ONLY.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back