baxi 105e instant.

hi tony.

again thanks for the response.

this is where we are so far.

i have called in an ex corgi installer now retired,he obviously agrees with you and your suggestions, after some more delving we find that the primary heat exchanger is leaking and the lining of the burner areas is past its sell by date as its cracked and u.s.

with this in mind i think a good idea is to change the boiler.

keith

Sponsored Links
change divertor valve 65 quid and 30 min to do if mechanicly minded.leaky primary heat exchanger sounds very unlikely.105 a good boiler sounds to me like he doesnt fancy spending time diagnosing the problem n gone easy route ie a new boiler.if plate exchanger is getting hot when heating on its bypassing the rads and going straight to the return

thanks for your thoughts.

Valve £65 exchanger £95 Burner insulation £20.

I can assure you that the exchanger is leaking as it has green deposit and corrosion to the outer fins,thats leaking to me .

i can purchase an alpha 33 for £582 inc. trade + flue.

baxi 4 yrs old. hey im happy.

keith

green is copper oxide it's a copper heat exchanger, goes green in contact with oxygen in the air. A leak would be acompanied by loss of pressure and water all over the shop. Are you experiencing that?

Can I have you old boiler? I fitted a 4 year old one another installer gave up on. All it needed was a dhw microswitch a prv and the expansion vesel recharging. I should get 20 years out of it.

Sponsored Links
By the way Alpha are great but a replacement Baxi would fit the pipes. The flu hole would have to be chisled out to the right but they are coming up with an offset elbow. Haven't had much demand for it yet because that generation boiler you have is good for 15 to 20 years. But they are coming out with the ofset part.

The alpha will require pipework underneath the boiler. It won't be a better boiler than the baxi but equally as good. It will easily manage your life expectancy of a boiler.

i m new here but whats all this about a diy er and then he calls in a ex corgi reg seems to me he dont wont to pay for a pro and your all telling what to do ,the amount we pay in gas fees we should be like the magic circule and you can say he hasn't touched the gas but how does he know whats save

with regard to the comment by harry potterton.

iwas under the impression that the forum was to try and help each other as best we can .If we dont want to give info then we have a choice not to .

with the costs as they are then monies need to be saved where ever poss.

keith

baxi dou tec drops straight on the same boiler jig n a good boiler to boot

Potterton performa 30he from PTS £511 excluding vat with flue and clock is the same as a baxi105he and it will fit straight onto your jig wiring is exactly same flue hole will need about half inch chopping out at top to get the fall on it.

Condensate pipe is only alteration you will have to do.

A lot less hassle than altering pipework etc

Couple of hours work for a corgi

keith

I think that what he was trying to say is that whilst your ex-CORGI can deal with blocked diverter valves he CANNOT, legally at least, install boilers!

What can I do to encourage you to have any new boiler installer by a genuine and current CORGI who can notify the installation to CORGI who will send you the relevant certificate which you will need when you sell the property.

Tony

iwas under the impression that the forum was to try and help each other as best we can .If we dont want to give info then we have a choice not to .

with the costs as they are then monies need to be saved where ever poss.

keith
We all might need to save a bit more if were putting our fellow RGI out of work by telling diyer how to do it.
can,t stop got tooth ache , so i;m going to pull it my self cause monies need to be saved where ever poss.
regard Harry.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back