Baxi 105e NO CENTRAL HEATING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Just moved into a house with a Baxi 105e boiler controlled by a Honeywell hcw80 thermostat. The heating was ok until the house got rewired but since then the c/h will not come on. The hot water works ok and the pressure is just over 1 bar. I have reconnected the two honeywell devices and they do appear to be communicating. However when i move the dial for the stat the heating does not kick in. When i turn the dial to 25 degrees a red light comes on and goes off after a few seconds. Does this sound like a stat problem or a rewire problem? Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Try changing the batteries, it can solve a lot of problems on rf stats.

Sponsored Links
Are they proper Duracell rather than cheap ones which don't work in this application?

Has any wiring at the boiler been disturbed?

Tony

Try bridging terminals 1 & 2 on the boiler's incoming terminal.

Does it fire then?

I assume you have the left hand knob set to the tap and radiators icons?

On transmit the unit takes a high peak current which the cheap carbon zinc batteries sold at 10 for a £1 in the 99p store cannot supply.

Only alkaline batteries give higher currents and they are more expensive and Duracell are the only ones to be trusted.

Tony

If i wanted to remove the stat, obviously i turn the main switch off, then remove the wires from the stat into the terminal block inside the boiler. What about the wires coming from the other side of the block...do these need to be removed also?

Its surprising how many people fiddle with thermostats/programmers until they realize the knob on the front of the boiler is turned down ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back