Baxi 105e - not modulating

The op has never taken the working pressure and clearly stated so near the start of the thread!

Tony how can they at risk for pressure loss?, why are corgi saying there is a risk rather than the usual ncs?.

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
gas4you said:
I would be suprised if you really have a 21mbar working pressure on a combi unless it has been fitted by a 'perfect' installer who knows his pipe sizing inside out and your meter working pressure is 22mbar!

I saw a nice new changed regulator giving 21 mB with a 28kW load !

Pity about the gas pipe though. The cowboy installer had left the 15mm under the floor and it was losing 2.5 mB from the meter. I had an interesting advice to give to the owner.

All installers have to be perfect because CORGI are very hot on pressure loss and if they find over 1 mB will serve a defects notice as well as turning the boiler off saying its At Risk. It does not make the installer look good to the owner.

A friend of mine was caught on that and had to pay £100 to appeal which was a waste of time and was made to retake ACS pipe sizing module. That could have been costly but the training centre he uses let him do that free and issued him a letter saying he had completed it satisfactorily.

Tony

I agree fully with you, but I was meaning 21mbar at the combi inlet pressure point not at the meter.

baxpoti said:
kktoday said:
Burner pressure does not move from about 2 mbar.

ollski wrote
The op has never taken the working pressure and clearly stated so near the start of the thread!

:?: :?: :?:
He took the burner pressure but has never taken the working pressure...should this post have some text included to explain the quotes?

Sponsored Links
I was wrongly assuming that anyone who had checked the burner pressure, to have first checked the working pressure .. bloody rugby

Will report back on working pressure.
22mm gas piping to boiler - so again assumption made of sufficient flow.
It's easy to see a diagnosis when you want to. Take nothing for granted.
One of my bugbears is the difference between flow rate and pressure.

Agile wrote:

A friend of mine was caught on that and had to pay £100 to appeal which was a waste of time and was made to retake ACS pipe sizing module

ACS pipe sizing module?

Last time i did my ACS i had 1 question in the multi choice written exam.

Working pressure reveals the problem to be in the pipework. Not the meter unfortunately. Realized why I hadn't checked working pressure initially - screw on nipple done ridiculously tightly.

Do you mean a greater than 1mbar pressure drop over length of run or just low working pressure at meter :confused:

kktoday said:
Working pressure reveals the problem to be in the pipework. Not the meter unfortunately. Realized why I hadn't checked working pressure initially - screw on nipple done ridiculously tightly.

Love it when the whole thing comes out and you have to sit around waiting for the ESP to turn up.

I had a gas leak once which went like, smell of gas, but put guage on test nipple, no drop at all. Turned out to be a crack in the nipple which was obscured by the guage tube whenever anyone did a tightness test. It had fooled another gas fitter Transco (as they were called at that time) and me at first.

Paul Barker said:
kktoday said:

Love it when the whole thing comes out and you have to sit around waiting for the ESP to turn up.

I had a gas leak once which went like, smell of gas, but put guage on test nipple, no drop at all. Turned out to be a crack in the nipple which was obscured by the guage tube whenever anyone did a tightness test. It had fooled another gas fitter Transco (as they were called at that time) and me at first.

Don't them naughty boys at Transco check the test nipple with LDF after a tightness test. :rolleyes:

To clarify.
22mbar standing P at meter. 21 standing P at boiler.
2.5 working P at boiler. 21 working P at meter.

2.5 mbar working pressure at the boiler :eek:

Are you sure.

You measure the working pressure at the gas valve INLET.

Do you mean 2.5 mbar Burner Pressure

kktoday said:
To clarify.
22mbar standing P at meter. 21 standing P at boiler.
2.5 working P at boiler. 21 working P at meter.

Sure you haven't a dead rat in there? :LOL: haven't come across pipe work this bad before, Are you sure there is no hidden gas tap or valve nearly shut. If you have 22mm there shouldn't be a drop like this

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back