baxi 105e not playing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a nine year old Baxi 105e that is responding to calls for DHW and CH, but will not go to secondary ignition, so it only heats to like warm temperatures. So far, I have bridged out the CH thermistor, taken out the fan, airbox and gas burners and cleaned them. I have also checked the flue for obstructions and the air switch sensore tubes for damage. I've also taken the diaphragm out to check for damage. No luck. Any ideas that don't involve a new PCB?

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately you have already done many things which are way beyond what any DIYer should be attempting.

In spite of what you hope the fault could be the PCB.

The obvious advice is to call an experienced boiler engineer who can do the tests to determine the exact cause of the fault.

Tony

Many thanks Tony. Had an engineer come today who also thinks PCB, but is also querying a possible gas valve fault. Now I'm not sure which to plump for first. Anyhow, thanks again.

Jerry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back