Baxi 105e Preheat problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello I've been reading various threads on here about various issues, non appear to be the same as mine though.

Very intermittently - every other day (usually at night time, just so it makes sure it wakes us up!!) the boiler pre-heat function kicks in. We are in spring time, the weather is warm - much warmer than the 5degrees temperature it takes to kick preheat on as part of the boilers procedure.

So anyway, the boiler can kick up out of the blue, do it's thing for 5 minutes, water light flashing and flame light on. The preheat is switched off & always has been.

I've been speaking to a few people and they seem to think possible PCB fault, they also mentioned removing jumpers between a10 & a11, but I don't quite fancy doing this as the boiler is on a service contract with British gas.

British gas are booked to come out and attend to this issue for the second time on Thursday, but my main fear is getting the fault to replicate. If it doesn't they aren't going to replace any parts if they can't fault the system.

Any help & assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Jamie

Sponsored Links
Just make sure if you don't get it sorted this time that you call back within 10 days. It'll DEFINITELY get sorted sharpish if you do ;). How long ago was it that you called last time?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back