Baxi 105e Pumps starts for 1 second then stops

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI All

My Baxi 105e has developed a fault. I was changing the diaphragm the other day, works fine as the pin comes out then the hot water tap is turned on even when the boiler is off. Anyway since then when either the CH or HT water is activated you hear the PCB relay switch on and the pump start then it goes off after 1 second and you hear the relay click on again and the pump starts then goes off again and so on and on etc.

Hope you can help with some advice please.

Sponsored Links
It could well be a faulty PCB.

But a good boiler engineer would check to see exactly what the fault is before changing parts.

Tony

thanks Tony, the dreaded PCB. Second house with this boiler type in it and the last house needed a New PCB as well, :(

did you get water into the pcb when you changed the Diaphragm ? and is normal for the diaphragm to operate with the boiler swtched off

Sponsored Links
a few drips went into the PCB housing not but was completely off and isolated from the mains before I change the Diaphragm, I checked that everything was dry before switch on. It was off log enough for capacitors to discharge etc, so in theory nothing could have shorted But you never know seems it could be a possible cause was hoping it was more of a mechanical fault related to the Diaphragm.

You could spend 10 min drying the PCB with a hair dryer on low heat and see if that cures the problem.

Tony

yeah tried that thanks, just concerned iv not knocked anything but I dont think I have to be honest. Be unlucky if the PCB has shorted even when it was off and Id dried off the splashes, Will leave it over night and cross my fingers

Update: Got the hair Dryer out again and blasted the PCB for 15 mins, and hey presto the house is warm gain! thanks guys... the ear ache has stopped as well funny that !

The OP is meant to thank the advisors, not the other way round!

The OP is meant to thank the advisors, not the other way round!
Tony I thanked him for coming back and letting me know that I was correct in my diagnosis , I dont have your wee ego I couldnt care how many thanks I get , you however could do with working on the percentage that you get

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back