Baxi 105e secondary plate heat exchange.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have been having an intermittent problem with my hot water, it goes from hot to cold and back again, it only really happens in the shower (this is where I notice it anyway).
I have been told the problem is blocked hex, I already bought a new one before I realised you could clean them out! Oh well.
Anyway, my problem is that when I came to change it, it looks too tight to get out from the back of the boiler, and I think once it is out, I don’t think I will be to get my hands in to change the rubber seals, am I over thinking it? Is there enough space? Is there something else that needs taking out before I start? I have read the instructions on it and all it says is to unscrew the two screws and lift up and left to get out. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Unless you have hands the size of boxing gloves you will have no problem in swapping the plate heat exchange. Pry the old seals out using a nail (not the one one your finger) clean the recess and fit new seals. Use a small mirror to see what you're doing. The rest is easy. My only concern is that you must prevent water from getting into the PCB.

Do all your hot taps run hot / cold /hot /cold ? If they don't and give constant hot water flow ,it may not be the hex.

Sponsored Links
Thanks 45yearsagasman, I am probably being too cautious.
Terryplumb, it does happen on the hot taps too but it seems to stay hotter for longer, I do plan on cleaning the filter on the shower mixer, but I have had to order a multi tool to get the filter out, I don’t have anything else that fits it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back