Baxi 105e.

DP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I fitted this boiler a while ago with standard horizontal flue.

Customer has since sold the house and new owners had the house extended which meant the flue had to be converted to vertical . Off the top of the boiler, flue still goes horizontal through the wall to then go vertical in the extention. It comes up through the rubber ring on the lead flashing on the roof, with white tube exposed to the elements. The rubber ring is siliconed to the white tube. Builder's plumber/ heating man has done flue reroute. What are the implications of white tube exposed to elements and siliconed rubber collar on the said flue.

Have uploaded the pictures but have not been able to transport them to this thread- these can be seen on the profile (I hope- I am useless with PCs)

Sponsored Links
Its lazy way to do it, but the white finish is of a good enough quality to protect the metal seen loads that have been in for 10 plus years.
As for the sealant i would imagine it wont be long before it breaks down and leaks as the rubber on those lead slates is far too soft and doesnt grab the pipe tight.
Seldek tin tile with rubber collar is better and with the flue cut to correct length the rubber will sit in the weather collar of the vertical flue.
Or better still a proper all lead slate with 150mm upstand which in theory is asked for .

IMPORTANT. With the 105e being pre condensing and flue inner and outer is metal i would be checking that they have not used a vertical from a 105HE which has a plastic inner and could melt.

Is that a velux window below it, if so its too close and is AR

looks like it meets the 300mm from the chimney though

• Thanks
Reactions: DP

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back