Baxi Solo flue connections

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having problems with the rubber sleeve and clamp connections which connect the elbows and flue extensions in the vertical flue installation I am installing to a baxi solo (also applies to baxi systems boilers). They don't offer much grip when fully tightened and pull apart very easily. While I have used these clamp connections before in a horizontal installation ( Baxi Systems) boiler with no stresses on the connection it has been fine .
I was wondering has anyone had the same problem and come up with any solutions.

Sponsored Links
Get the manufacturer Baxi out to have a look and advise you.

Sounds like incompatible parts?

If its a vertical system then dont they stay together by gravity?

Does bending the clamping parts outwards slightly increase the clamp presure?

I suppose roughening the inside of the rubber might increase friction?

You mention elbows. Not many manufactures allow 90 degree elbows in vertical condensing flues.

Tony

Sponsored Links
The flue incoporates a 300mm horizontal run before elbowing vertically so gravity does not prevail. the boiler is standard efficiency (condensing still not compulsary in Ireland). The overlap of mating parts at the elbow is only about 15mm so I have decided not to trust a frictional grip.

My solution is to drill in 6mm distance from the clamp edges at both sides, through the rubber sleeve, into the air duct and secure with 12mm long self tappers (4 in total at each clamp). Each screw is a tight fit and the flue is held positively together.
Thanks Tony and BaxiPott for your advice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back