baxi solo 50/4 rs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a baxi solo wm 50/4 rs Balanced Flue G.C. No. 41-077-49
The installation booklet states clearly that the boiler should have a pump overrun. This is further backed up with a wiring diagram showing a pump overrun. System layout shows no bypass.

My boiler has no terminal block for a pump overrun.

Can anyone clarify if alterations to this boiler were made during production.

Sponsored Links
The few of these that I attend to do have a pump over run, although in fairness the ones I see are the 70/4.

Yes there should be an auto bypass fitted when a pump over run is included, mainly on a 'S' plan system, but I still fit one to 'Y' plans as well.

Is your boiler fully pumped or is it gravity hot water pumped heating.
As that makes a difference whether pump over run or by pass is required

Sponsored Links
I am fully aware of the need for a bypass. My concern is that it states in the installation manual for the boiler that it has pump overrun. But the boiler in question has no terminal block as shown in the manual to wire the pump overrun.

Are you sure that your manual is for the exact same model as your boiler and ONLY for that model?

Tony

Problem sorted.

I have just spoken to baxi technical and apparently this is a very early boiler of this model and does not have pump overrun.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back