Baxi 105e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a baxi 105e, it has been looked at by an engineer and has recently had new diverter and pump replaced. The boiler now has a problem with shutting down after CH has been on for about an hour. No problems with DHW just appears to be when CH is on. No error lights flashing. Boiler just shuts down and all lights go off and then resets it's self and flame fails to ignite. Turn off CH and boiler runs fine.
Your help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
No hot water originally and diverter was leaking water from casing not diaphragm that was replaced. Pump was replaced as not working correctly (low pressure). Basically boiler shuts down when central heating on for an hour, all lights turn off and boiler attempts to ignite but fails. I turn off CH and turn dial to DHW and boiler works normally after fault. Think it might be gas valve or PCB problem. I have a video of fault but cannot upload.

Last edited:
Can you upload it to YouTube, then post the link in here? Sometimes that works.

Do you mean you turn the selector switch to hot water only? The whole diverter valve was replaced?

Sponsored Links
Ian or Gas112 will know better than me, but after an hour, I’d say it’s possible it’s overheated.

definately not the gas valve possibly the pcb, but looks like primary thermistor going open circuit at a certain temp , never seen that before, I have tagged @gas112 for you, he might have seen it before

Thanks for all your help so far it's greatly appreciated. Trust us to own a boiler with a unique problem. Spent a bit of money on boiler in past month, might be time to cut our losses, if fault cannot be resolved was hoping to fix, as money is tight.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
definately not the gas valve possibly the pcb, but looks like primary thermistor going open circuit at a certain temp , never seen that before, I have tagged @gas112 for you, he might have seen it before
Seen it once and it was board so i would say board has gone especially with all lights going out
if either of sensors had gone the 70 or 80 light will usually flash . you can get a 105 board off ebay with years g`tee for 30 odd quid i would try that as opposed to 150 notes for a new one .

Thanks for that greatly appreciated. Any idea of part number for PCB, as don't want to order the wrong part. Thanks again to all that have replied.

Just ordered refurbished PCB from eBay. Is this something that I could do myself ( how easy and where is PCB located?) or would you say better to get engineer back?

all depends how compotent you are, nothing in the gas regs to stop you, not a hard thing to do, have to add this is for your particular boiler and not all boilers, many do indeen require a gas safe engineer , but yours doesnt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back