Baxi 105HE DHW Temp Sensor Faulty - Corroded connector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I've been having intermittent problems with the DHW temp sensor on my Baxi 105HE for the last few weeks, to the point that tonight it's stopped working all together!

I've had a quick look, and it appears that the electrical connector that connects to the DHW temp sensor is rather corroded due to a prolonged leak.

I've found the temp sensor online, and have ordered a replacement.

However, I can't seem to find the electrical connector anywhere.......

Can I call Baxi Technical help, and see if they can assist?

Or can anyone recommend somewhere I can get a replacement connector, or a replacement wiring assembly?

Thanks,
Andy

Sponsored Links
For future reference, I managed to locate the part-number for the wiring harness I need, through the Baxi/Interpartspares website ;)

Part Number: 248216 - Cable - Low voltage

Sensor will need a new washer ,this doesnt come with the sensor

Ah, thanks for the info mate.

I was hoping it would come with a new washer. Will get one whilst I'm at PC or PTS later.

Sponsored Links
Ended up having to go to the Ilkeston branch of PlumbCenter to pick up a washer for £2.40 !!!

Only took me 20mins to swap the old sensor and wiring. The fault wasn't actually a duff sensor, but one of the pins had corroded so much that it had become detached from the sensor and was stuck inside the connector.

I would call that a faulty sensor!

If stuck then PTFE tape will usually form an adequate seal on a wet sensor.

Leaking parts inside a boiler are one of the problems which would be detected on an annual service. They can usually be tightened or resealed if detected at an early stage.

Tony

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the reply.

The boiler is only about 3 years old, so we've not had it serviced if I'm openly honest. Although I have got a plumber friend coming round next week to service it anyway.

On a side note, would this issue in anyway have effected the way my Tirton Dove thermostatic shower works? It's not not getting about 'warm'...... (see my other thread in this section).

Cheers,
Andy

It would not affect your shower per se.

But any variations in water temperature from the boiler will obviously disturb the temperature from the shower.

Most new boilers have a warantee for 2-5 years but these need a documented annual service to remain in place.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back