Baxi 105he - no hot water at low flow - diaphragm?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

got a problem with my Baxi 105he. I've installed some new taps in our house - kitchen a couple of years ago, and bathroom washbasin at the weekend just gone. Problem I'm having is that when running the kitchen hot tap it doesn't fire up the boiler, or has to be stopped and restarted a couple of times before this happens.

With the new ikea washbasin tap in the bathroom it's not firing up the boiler at all. But when we turn the bath hot tap on the boiler starts up fine, and keeps running as long as we need.

I suspect this is a problem with the diaphragm. I've done work on this bit of the boiler before - changing (I think) the gland nut a couple of years ago when there was some water leaking through it.

Anybody able to confirm if this sounds like the diaphragm? I do also have a periodic problem with pressure drop in the system which I think might be due to a leaking bleed valve on a downstairs radiator - is this likely to be connected to the symptoms we're experiencing with the boiler?

thanks

Keith

Sponsored Links
It does sound like diaphragm fault, and a loss of system pressure can be caused by a water leak. Diaphragm kits are about a tenner, and an easy diy job.

ok - thanks for the reply. I've picked up one of these kits before - got some plumbers merchants near my work so easy enough.

I'll give it a go this weekend.

Keith

If its not the diaphragm then its the venturi fell apart just above cold inlet , getting quite common fault

Sponsored Links
Hi

if necessary, is the replacement of the venturi something I can do - or is it one for a Gas Safe engineer?

keith

Better to measure the flow rate at which it just switches on.

That should be about 2.5 litres per minute!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back