Baxi 105He

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last evening i began to commission a 105He that i'd installed for a friend (boiler swap complete with powerflush, TRVs and room stat). Don't normal fit boilers, my gas work lies else where, but have the ticket and i owed the guy a favor.
Back to the problem, boiler fired up nice commissioned hot water side, gas pressures and gas rate all as per MI, flow and temp as per MI alls looking good. Started to commission the heating side, flow and return getting warm,boiler LED's reflecting temp when all of sudden glass viewing window on case shatters Making this brand new install ID.
Spoke to BAXI no joy till tuesday even though i am a bonus direct member. I thought i'd ask if any one here has ever seen or heard of it.

Lee

Sponsored Links
If gas pressures and rates were correct and the burner surface is intact (ie. no jet of flame coming out of it and hitting the inside of the glass), my guess would be a duff glass that cracked the first time it got seriously hot. OTOH, viewglasses are usually Pyrex-type material, which should never crack due to uneven heating etc. What about the fixing: was it held too tight against a metal surface which expanded and stressed it?

Not an unusual thing to happen with 105 had it happen twice an heard of it about ten times, it is caused by glass not being properly located when put together, Luckily enough our local plumb centre allow us to open up another boiler an take parts.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the answers. I managed to swap the glass with one from a dummy display at our local plumb centre, re-fitted it and re-commisioned the boiler and all is well. Must have been a bad fit or poor glass.
Lee

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back