Baxi 35/60 won't fire up

omo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could somebody explain what this fault could be with my Baxi 35/60. On initial start up the boiler works perfectly but on reaching the required temp ~70-80 deg C it shuts down on both flame failure and Safety thermostat faults.The pump continues to run on for a few mins but when the temperature in the house reduces the boiler won't start up again and I have to reset it manually.

[ "bold" turned off by Mod]

Sponsored Links
Faulty stat or lack of circulation due to tired pump or blockages in circuit.

Hi Chris, I did change the safety thermostat recently so would you reckon that I should flush out the system now and/or change the pump at this stage.
Mike

Have you checked the boiler stat is working correctly? It may be knackered and leaving boiler to shut off on overheat only.

Sponsored Links
Could you tell me where the Boiler stat is positioned. I can't see where it is on the schematics. Also what readings should I be expecting to see if it is/not functioning.
Thanks.

At last I have found what was wrong with baxi 35/60. One of the 2 blue wires coming back to the pcb from the over temperture heat stat was intermittently going open circuit. So hard to find this out and was jammy to find it in the end. Having replaced this stat when the fault occurred initially,then changing the temperature sensor and then checking that the pump was working properly I was still getting the fault. Yesterday I was testing pressure on the outlet of the gas valve waiting to see what would happen the pressure(6mbar) when the fault would occur. Of course the fault still didn't occur after 2 hours of the boiler running (normally would happen within 15 mins).So decided to quit yet again and as I was hinging the control facia back into position the boiler shut down on an over temperature fault.It was then on closer inspection of the PCB and moving the wires i was able to recreate the fault.
:D :LOL: :LOL: No more getting up at 2 in the morning to reset boilers!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back