Baxi 50/4 FP firing up but only warm water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

any thoughts on this one. I have an ancient Baxi 50/4 FP. After it packed up recently with perished air pressure switch lines I replaced them and it fired up fine.

I get all 3 lights on, the pilot solenoid enganges, it sparks and lights, a few seconds later the main burner lights up and I can see it working, all be it it seems to have no ooomph to it.

It will run like this forever but the water temperature leaving the boiler is very low, not warm enough to close the boiler down on water temp when on its lowest setting.The flow temp is cool enough to touch the pipe where it exits the boiler.

I have follwed the fault tracing section in the boiler manual and it doesnt seem to cover this , any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
I get all 3 lights on, the pilot solenoid enganges, it sparks and lights, a few seconds later the main burner lights up and I can see it working, all be it it seems to have no ooomph to it.
With symptoms like that, you should get a pro in, as the tests and necessary repairs are gas related.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back