Baxi 80e Combi: New PCB fitted, now nothing

I took the PCB back to the supplier and he replaced it. Fitted the (new) new one, reset it after the two lamps started flashing and now DHW and CH working fine.

Still need to get it checked over after removing and re-fitting the combustion chamber cover, but apart from that, all good.

Thanks for your help chaps! :)

Sponsored Links
Well done getting it working again.

What who was this "local individual" who sold you a "new" PCB and then took it back and gave you another which was working?

Do you think he knew that the first new one was faulty?

Thanks Agile :)

Of course it is possible that he knew, but my gut feeling is not.

I picked it up from his home, he was quick to point out that it had a years warranty and wrote me a receipt. When I spoke to him about it he asked sensible questions and agreed that I had done everything I could to test it and that it was probably faulty. Both PCBs came from reputable suppliers originally and he asked me to let him know if the new one worked so that he could send the old one back.

All in all, not the typical behaviour of a rip-off merchant.

So is this a service engineer who is selling off his ( or his employer's ) surplus stock?

These cost about £120 from the spares merchants.

So anything less and one wonder's exactly what he is up to!

Tony

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't like to speculate about what he's up to. I take people as I find them and he seemed pretty genuine to me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back