Baxi 80e Fan / Flue Fault

liamcaswell said:
hi baxpoti, is this a typical symptom of PCB failure? What makes you think it is not the APS??
gas4you told you on the frirst post to....check the fan aps is activating and for any blockages in the fan venturi and aps pipes.
Presumably you have done this?
the next thing to suspect is the PCB.

liamcaswell said:
From research, I've read that I need PCB: 5112380. Is this correct?
Yes

Venturis suffer from heat damage and APS pipes from condensation (had one on Friday)!

Sponsored Links
Hi, had the same thing happen this morning (goodtiming on the post guys :D ). The Boiler is a baxi 80e with a rear in-case flue. I checked the flue, the pressure switch and tubes also checked the venturi they all seem clear and in good working order.

I reconnected all components and the boiler seemed to run fine for over an hour i tested the DHW & CH and everything worked ok BUT then the CH seemed to send it in to lock down mode even though the fan runs fine, then the DHW triggered the problem. I reset the boiler and it worked ok for a few hours then it started to randomly freak out again. Anyone have any ideas as it seems to be ok one minute then totaly screwed the next :confused:

Also timmy74 stated he had a problem with the Restrictor ring, anymore info on that problem?

Kes, has the min/max gas pressure been checked? ( By a CORGI of course! ).

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi Tony

Thanks for the quick response.

No, only i presume when it was installed? Will there be any signs to there being a problem with the Gas pressure ie change in colour with the flame or smell from the flue etc

I ask as my "Corgi man" has gone on holiday (his timing sucks!) thats why i'm doing the basics ( the Electrics and Gas I don't want to touch!) and i don't want to get any old plumber in as i've had bad experience with a few cowboys.

Will it be ok to still use the boiler if it might be the gas pressure as at the moment its working ok?????

Thanks
K:cool:

It will do no harm to continue to use it apart from the annoyance of it locking out.

Setting gas valves seems to be something 60% of CORGI people dont seem to know how to do!!!

It ought to be part of the assessment procedure but then perhaps too many would fail!

Tony

:LOL: :LOL:

Thanks I'll sleep safe at night knowing it won't explode untill he gets back from his holiday ;)

"A plumber that knows what their doing is worth their weight in gold" :D

Thanks
K:cool:

Hi everyone, sourced a PCB and had a corgi fit it. The boiler came back to life immediately.

He serviced it too and said it was the cleanest boiler he's seen in a long time!! :LOL:

The PCB was not supplying power to the APS as we all suspected.

Thanks for all your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back