Baxi 80E pilot won't light - No warnings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The baxi boiler 80e, can't get the pilot light to ignite. have tried resetting, turning it off for awhile.

Pressure is ok, any tips - as its cold.
thanks

Sponsored Links
well i guess so , then if it doesn't - it doesn't give the noise to indicate the flame is going to ignite. so maybe you are right no pilot - but the result is the same - no heating, no flames..

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

the green light (power) - its an 80eeco, it only has 3 light on the front, and only the green is lit

MOD 2

please use the edit key ;)

Sponsored Links
is the reset inisde on the left along the first copper pipe, little brown button. that has two wires going to it?
i pressed it . a few times today already. but am not sure if this is the button.

it doesn't click or do anything, so i assume that it only pops out if there is a need for a reset?

ajinlondon said:
i pressed it . a few times today already. but am not sure if this is the button.

If it works when you press the button........................

You have a serious overheating problem - if you 've reset a few times in one day

i pressed it a few times trying to fix it - its the only thing i remember the engineer doing last year, pressing a button inside boiler and it fixed it.

the fan is running and it makes the right sounds apart from the flame part.

do i have to press the reset button with the mains power off?
and how do i sort the pressure switch?
thanks for all the help, don't fancy spending nye getting a plumber

tried it all.
and still nothing. the button doesn't seem to need pressing as there is no click
:cry:

EDITED TO ADD
well time for sleep and boiler has decided to work, so any ideas what i should be looking to fix/ get fixed? as it only seems to cause problems when its cold. each winter. and it also looses pressure easy in the winter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back