Baxi 80e problem?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. If it has just point me in that direction and I'll go read.
OK, I have recently moved in to a property and I have a 8? year old Baxi80e combi.
CH appears to work fine, now all the air is out of the rads and its repressurised.
But the DHW temp is low (ish) even with the dial turned up.
More importantly, most of the rads get warm when the HW taps are on but CH not enabled.
Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Some will say complete new diverter valve required but there are service kits available and result in a perfectly good repair at a lower cost. I have never replaced the whole valve.

Thanks for the replies.
Sorry only just got around to reading them due to a holiday (alright fior some!)
OK, temporary fix is to turn off all the rads. The water out of the taps is now piping!
But clearly this is not good long term.
I'm happy to take on a diverter valve service or even a change, but if a professional price is sensible I'd rather get on with some of the other 00s of jobs in the house I have to do.
Any ideas on a typical market rate for something like this?

Sponsored Links
In our local area we would charge about £178.

As the manifold part is sticking, I have never found that cleaning it even boiling in acid is a very long term solution and its time consuming so i have to charge nearly the same as fitting a new valve.

So I see it as in the customer's best interest with that fault.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back