baxi 80eco

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My problem has evolved, so I thought it best to start a new thread....

In a nutshell, when I turn on the CH, the sequence is as follows: pump comes on, fan comes on, something clicks, then flame comes on with orange light. After about 10 seconds or so, something clicks and flame goes out, fan goes off, pump stays on.
Fan starts again, but goes off within 1 second, and again, and again (the number of tries varies), then eventually fan starts and flame comes on with orange light. Cycle repeats. It does this in perpetuity and my radiators get quite hot eventually.

DHW, same cycle as above but eventually it does stay on, this morning it took 5 minutes of this cycle and stayed on, yesterday nearly 15 minutes before it stabilised.

The CH never stabilises and it's on/off/on/off all the time.

i've had the same gas engineer out twice this year, both times the problem was fixed, but the last time he was really scratching his head, and was seemingly replacing bits willy nilly until the problem righted itself. He replaced the PCB as a primary solution, which as I understand is one of the last things that needs doing, then resorted to putting the old one back in and replacing the air pressure switch, pumping up my expansion vessel and changing the DHW heat exchange unit.

This time I hope it's something simple like a thermistor that needs changing, this things costing more than I would like!!

All help or suggestions gratefully received as always!

cheers

Jon

Sponsored Links
Not being funny, find yourself a better engineer. I doubt if this is something that can be diy-ed with help from the forum.

Sponsored Links
has your engineer tested the gas valve? fixed a very similar problem last week. weak solenoid.

i dont believe he did no. I'd like to get him back in as they are a good, reputable local company and good value for money, i just think the problem has presented as something vague and hard to diagnose.

When he does come, is there a short list of things I should ask him to check, on top of thermistors and solenoid in the gas valve.

Bizarrely, the heating has worked fine today! Grrr! I worry about the symptom not showing when he comes as was the case last time, which made it hard to diagnose.

jon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back