BAXI 80HE INSTANT COMBI - HELP ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening

Hoping somebody may be able to help me.

I have a BAXI 80HE Instant Combi boiler

Yesterday the central heating stopped working, the boiler has pressure and we still have hot water..

The Hot water icon on the display panel is permanently lit and never goes off even if the pre heat is set to 0.

The thermostat lights up when turned but nothing happens at the boiler..

I have reset but still has the same issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers Rich.

Sponsored Links
Hi,
If the water neon is on permanently there could be a ault with the hot water temperature sensor.

Hi,

Yes the Hot water neon is on constantly and the boiler seems to be running at a higher bar than normal too if that helps?

Would a temp sensor be something I could change myself or would I need a boiler engineer

Cheers Rich

I would suspect the hot water flow sensor, either the micro switch stuck on or the push rod/spindle not returning after demand.

Sponsored Links
ah more info,
agree, if the boilers on and burning gas there is a call for hot water. Get someone to diagnose it properly before you spend money on parts.

Thanks for all the advice

So there is nothing I can do myself?

Get the pros in and have those do it?

Anyone recommend a good plumber in Leicester than isnt a cowboy or extortionate and will only change what needs doing?

Cheers

Rich

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back