Baxi 80HE plus Central Heating Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All,
I really need some advice. Our Baxi 80HE plus boiler was installed in 2006 (along with the radiators I believe). 2 weeks ago we noticed that the radiators weren't getting as hot as we'd expect and looked at the boiler and it was only firing up for about 30 seconds. (Hot water was / is fine). About 3 days later the boiler stopped firing up for central heating and reports a "dry fire" fault.
We asked Baxi to come and take a look and after changing the CH flow switch, diverter valve, heat exchanger and testing various parts they have told me that the problem is probably in the pipework and to get the system power flushed.
I'm rather concerned as to whether this will help. As far as I know the pipes were installed quite recently (2006), whenever the system has been drained the water coming out is clear (maybe slightly milky). On the last draining I did notice tiny (<1mm) bits come out. Is it likely power flushing will help? Is there anything else I can do?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back