Baxi and nest

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
New to the forum and looking for a little help I have a baxi duo tec he and I want to install a nest thermostat gen 3 at the moment I have a baxi multifit wireless programmer fitted do I need to disconnect this before the nest is installed and if so do I link the two wires that go into the wireless sender together and leave the L and N terminated then remove the link wire from the connection terminal to fit the two wires from the nest.
Any help would be much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Your post makes absolutely no sense, post pics of what you have and what you want to replace it with

If you carry out a search using the box in the top right hand corner of this page, and enter

baxi duo tec nest

You will find posts dealing with fitting a Nest to a Baxi Duo Tec. That should give you some idea of what's involved and then if you have any additional specific questions post back.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
To make it more easy to understand I have a baxi duo tec he boiler that has a wireless programmer fitted do I need to remove the receiver from the boiler before fitting a new nest gen 3 thermostat I have tried the search above and have found no reference to the info I am after

Sponsored Links
You can't have two thermostats trying to do the same job. One will interfere with the other.

Hi Stem
thanks for your reply. If I remove the receiver should I connect the nest heat link into these connections or should it be connected into the main terminal block these photos are not my actual boiler the main terminal block on mine still has the link fitted in 1 and 2 and the receiver is still fitted to the cables in picture 2 boiler-wiring.jpg 20773649.jpg

First of all I have a suspicion that with your model of boiler that to access the wiring terminals you might have to open up a room sealed section of the boiler to access them. If you do, then this is not a DIY job and should only be done by an RGI (Gas Safe) engineer who can carry out the necessary safety checks afterwards to make sure that it is sealed up properly again. But I might be wrong on this as I can't remember the details of every model of boiler!

Secondly, as you mention, the photo's you have posted which are not from your boiler, won't represent what you have because they are from a boiler that doesn't have an internal receiver fitted, and has external remote controls installed already to boiler terminals 1 & 2.

Having said that, if the wiring terminals are accessible without opening up a sealed part of the boiler, then the Heat link connects to the terminals below.

Capture.JPG

The mains supply for the Nest Heat link goes into the boiler L N & Earth terminals along with the existing wires already there.

Remove the link between boiler terminals 1 & 2

Nest (2) 'heating common' goes to boiler terminal 2

Nest (3) 'heating call for heat' goes to boiler terminal 1

Regarding the other photo, that is a 3 way block that is fitted when there isn't a remote receiver attached. When there is a receiver, the wires in that connector would go to the receiver. So to remove the receiver it is necessary to replicate what is shown below. The 2 black wires are connected together, and the brown and blue wires insulated / isolated separately.

Capture1.JPG

First of all I have a suspicion that with your model of boiler that to access the wiring terminals you might have to open up a room sealed section of the boiler to access them. If you do, then this is not a DIY job and should only be done by an RGI (Gas Safe) engineer who can carry out the necessary safety checks afterwards to make sure that it is sealed up properly again. But I might be wrong on this as I can't remember the details of every model of boiler!

View attachment 175632

Tbe Duotec is fine for DIY electrics @stem

Thanks for the help and info guys very much appreciated thanks Muggles for your input as that was to be my next question.(y)(y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back