Baxi Back Boiler - worth Changing?

Old boilers are worthless unless you can take them into the scrap dealer by the skip load :rolleyes:

Your installer would probably increase his quote to make up for the lack of money he was expecting to get from the cylinder and copper.

NO, once your back boiler has gone your fire front can no longer be used.

Sponsored Links
If you know your installer's base postcode, you can do a search for him on the Corgi website. Must say though that it guarantees very little.

You can also ask him if he'll be "notifying" the installation.. If he does, he knows that a corgi inspector might pick your boiler to inspect.

All them years of experience showing again

If you are all knowing why don't you post advice instead of poor attempts at humour?

So apart from special exemption cases (of which I have never come across one) and BBU's (snort). What other non A/B boilers can be fitted in domestic properties?

The guy is probably ****ed with you for removing the cylinder and pipes etc, because he will now have to work out what is flow and returns to heating circuit and what is from boiler, not a hard task just a pain in the arse with some systems layouts

Points system it is not that hard to reach a 1000 when a back boiler and possible condensate pump and roof flue required..

Sponsored Links
BBU's are exempt at the moment so like for like swaps don't really count.

However, in all of the boleir swaps we've done since the current regs kickeed in we have never had a single swap that would be exemtped - and for a small firm we do quite a few.

The nearest one I can think of was before tyhe rules actually changed and although there was no regulatory reason for going non-condensing, the local heritage facists would have moaned about the plume; and wouldn't let a long (albeit small) flue be run up the routside.

BBU`s are only exempt if it reaches points total which is why i used this as an example.

Why if you where allowed would you not fit a back boiler. What scares you.

Dan_Robinson said:
If that is the case then I shall stand corrected - although personally there's a cat-in-hells chance of me ever fitting one.

Here we go again :LOL:
It now turns out you aint even fitted one :LOL:
Keep digging :p
And for the record i can change two a day and service 10 a day at £22 per household ;)

corgiman said:
Ahhh I used to love fitting BBU;s

hated the roof work though

SHiver

How many radiants have you stood on :eek:
Or worse still...how many rugs/carpets have you scorched :eek: :eek: :eek:
Nice job in the winter but hard on the old knees :cry:

bobthebender said:
corgiman said:
Ahhh I used to love fitting BBU;s

hated the roof work though

SHiver

How many radiants have you stood on :eek:
Or worse still...how many rugs/carpets have you scorched :eek: :eek: :eek:
Nice job in the winter but hard on the old knees :cry:

I normal forget me self when I am servicing the bleeding thing a place my knee on the radiants

CRACK and boooggger

:(

:)

YA big scaredy cat corgiman . :LOL: running up a roof with no roof ladder, having to jump up and grab hold of top of stack pull your self up then free the copex and pull it up twisting turning it to free it.Same to get new on back down.. Health and safety what was that, scaffolding for todays wimps. Todays kids don`t know the fun they missed :LOL:

namsag said:
YA big scaredy cat corgiman . :LOL: running up a roof with no roof ladder, having to jump up and grab hold of top of stack pull your self up then free the copex and pull it up twisting turning it to free it.Same to get new on back down.. Health and safety what was that, scaffolding for todays wimps. Todays kids don`t know the fun they missed :LOL:

dont tell me nams but can you do what a spider can.

its all right for those lucky plumbers that were bitten by a radioactive spider but I am more likly to spend all day clinging to the chimney for grim death

:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back