Baxi Bahama 100 combi boiler fails to fire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I have a Baxi Bahama 100 combi boiler with the Honeywell controls package (installed 2000) which has been very relaible other than problems with water side flow switches failling at the usual 2 yearly intervals, however I now have a problem in that the boiler fails to fire up and the green power on neon is not lit.

I am a Control & Instrumentation engineer and experienced with industrial oil fired steam boilers, electrics, electronics, piped services etc and I have checked the control pcb fuse is ok and following the fault finding flowchart 230V ac is present on the control pcb connector X1 pins 2-3 and connector X3 pins 4-5, I am unsure if the neon being faulty will inhibit firing or if the control pcb needs to be replaced.

It is currently -6 degrees Celsius here so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Well you should be able to follow the circuitry through to the low voltage side and ensure this is powered.

You should also be able to see if the neon is powered, they usually have a 100k series resistor.

Your model is not well liked by engineers and most suggest you get a fixed price repair from british gas.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back