Baxi bahama 100 ignition board, a resistor value needed !!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I wonder if any one has access to a spare ingnition board (SIT type) from a Baxi Bahama 100 boiler ?

There is a large resistor, number "R1" on the board that is overheated on mine and I cannot read the value.

I can get one easily from the likes of CPC for pennies and a replacement board is ~ £100

Here's hoping

JB - in Chester - N.W. - UK

Sponsored Links
Word of warning, the resistor may well have overheated for a reason. You need to check the other components around it to make sure they're OK too.

If you can't find anything obvious, when you switch it back on, check to see that it doesn't go up in smoke again.

IanDB said:
Word of warning, the resistor may well have overheated for a reason. You need to check the other components around it to make sure they're OK too.

If you can't find anything obvious, when you switch it back on, check to see that it doesn't go up in smoke again.

Yeh - know what you mean.
I have a useful trick - put a little blob of vasalene on it, and when you turn it on, watch the vasalene, if it stays solid or slowly melts prolly OK.
If it quickly melts and starts to vapourise, switch off quick and investigate further !

JB - N.W. - UK

It's probably in series withthe fan - for going slow. Yours could now have a shorted turn!

Sponsored Links
ChrisR said:
It's probably in series withthe fan - for going slow. Yours could now have a shorted turn!

Looking at the layout I think you might be right there.
One side of the resistor goes to ground and the other goes to one of the contacts in a changeover relay - hi and lo fan speed seems likely :D

Will check that and I can work out a resistor value if it is the case, then check the fan. This is a "favour for a friend" job, you know the sort !!!!
I am an audio / electronics technician really !!!

Thanks
JB - N.W. - UK

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back