Baxi Bahama 100 Intermittent Lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Baxi Bahama Lockout. Hi, reading through the forum it's seems I'm one of the unlucky one's that has this boiler. Like others I have replaced numerous flow swithces and had to change the expansion vessel. I have a small leak in the system but the pressure only drops .25 bar over two weeks.
I have now come across a new problem, intermittent lock out, very annoying for my lodger as (no offence her words) she's a women and doesn't understand anything mechanical! It seems mostly to happen after the boiler has been on for long periods but could happen after 10 mins. I've tried varying the rad temp but still happens, doesn't seem to happen in DHW only mode though. Hard to tell as intermittent anyway.
Where do you suggest I look, I have a multimeter and readily understand the modes of working with the fing duffy thing.

Sponsored Links
f its the condensing variety,i have had it before where there is a small leak on the condensate trap and the way it works is to short to earth and this will lock out the boiler. to prove if this is the fault you could remove the lead from the trap (NO VOLTAGE) tape it up making sure it doesn't come into contact with case and leave for a week or so. if it works then problem sorted.

If no display it could be be the seal on the combustion chamber which over heats the the fan o/heat stat a common fault // on the display model it displays L8

Sponsored Links
why not ask the boiler engineer who does your annual LANDLORD CERTIFICATE as he will be familiar with it.i assume you are complying with this legal requirement.

If no display it could be be the seal on the combustion chamber which over heats the the fan o/heat stat a common fault // on the display model it displays L8

hmmm me thinks your all gettin confused.........

bahama has no display, and the door seals go on the 100he/barcalona......

intermitant faults are hard to sort out, could be a number of thing's, would be better to get a CORGI in to sort it out for you....

The most common thing i get with these boilers especially if its only doing it on Heating is the low setting on the gas valve being out :confused: you will have to get a corgi engineer in to check it anyway as it requires a manometer etc ;)

Thanks for your replies, and as I live in the property I don't need a land lord cert' thanks.
Had a rethink while sat on the loo and concluded the probs started when I fitted additional rad and towel rail, pushing sysytem over capacity (12 rads). Fitted external Expansion Vessel, new flow switch and cleaned PRV, added inhibitor and filled up to find all working leak free and stable.
Thanks for the helpful suggestions, no thanks to LOR, u numpty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back