Baxi Bahama Combi (another query)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When my heating is on the pressure gauge is going well into the red ! but its not blowing safety valve - yet .
I have checked temp of rads and they seem normal , i also checked expansion vessel when system was cold and the pressure is 1.3 bar which is roughly what manuel says , if the expansion vessel has right pressure could it still be knackerd ! or are there other things that could cause this .
cheers Mark

Sponsored Links
how long does it take for the pressure to rise, if the expansion vessel pressure is ok you could have a blocked tube leading to expansion vessel. this would give the impression vessel has no charge in it..

Thanks for replies , no it was not drained when i checked pressure so what your saying is that i was measureing the system pressure rather than the vessel ! . I will check to see how quick pressure comes up , am i looking at a rapid rise .
Cheers Mark

Sponsored Links
Check the pressure on the EXV and watch it as you depressurise the system.

If it does not go down then the communication pipe is blocked.

If it does go down then repressurise it to 0.9 Bar.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back