Baxi Barcelona Cutting Out

Yes combustion door seals shot leading to overheat stat on fan doing its job.Replace door complete with seals and electrodes and kill two turds with one stone.Repeat ad infernitum :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: No a.p.s on this boiler...

Sponsored Links
Fast_Muchly said:
Hi
I just answered my own question .Yes i am thick !!.

Your talking about the actual combustion door the one you see the flame thru .With the other post of is there any insultion on the outer door protecting the sensors i thought we were still on about that door .God i see how it works now if the combustion door seal has shrunk etc it fills the rest of the sealed boiler with hot air and triggers the thermo on the fan which then cuts out the boiler .

God i must have been half a sleep yesterday .

Can i replace the seal then ,whats it made of nothing dangerous like asbestos ? Or is it easier for the whole door to be bought and repalced altho i should think thats expensive .

Thanks

Alan

the seals can bought on their own but i wouldnt advise you to do it if your not competent....i can also bet your burner is cracked so get someone out to do it properly

Baxmax said:
Yes combustion door seals shot leading to overheat stat on fan doing its job.Replace door complete with seals and electrodes and kill two turds with one stone.Repeat ad infernitum :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: No a.p.s on this boiler...

correct... i believe the pcb measures fan speed when deciding if the gas valve should open etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back