Baxi bermuda downstairs, what would I find upstairs?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old baxi bermuda system sitting in the original chimney breast downstairs (with a small section of false wall added on the side to accommodate pipes).

Directly above is a bedroom through which the chimney breast passes. There's an area of concrete around the chimney breast on the floor, flush with the floorboards, which I presume implies there was once a working fireplace there. Indeed, there's a small vent in the wall through which I can feel a draught, so the chimney is still there behind it.

My question is, if I wanted to knock out the wall upstairs and investigate the fireplace cavity, could it have any affect on the flue of the baxi, or will that run through a completely separate chamber?

Also, in general, in this 1930's ex-LA house, will it likely just be a small, dirty brick hole there, not big enough to put some small shelves in or anything nice like that?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back