Baxi Bermuda Inset 50/4 any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone.

Just new to the forum, long term lurker though.

I was wondering if anyone on here could tell me if the inset 50/4 boiler is classed as one of those old school/lasts forever types?

Will be moving into house which has one that was fitted approx. 15 years ago and would hate to find out they're actually a pile of crap. It has a really nice marble fire place with gas fire and I understand it replaced an older back boiler which was in place from new back in the 70's.

So yea are these bomb proof with an annual service or a ticking time bomb?

Regards

Steven

Sponsored Links
boiler is a reliable model not as energy efficant as new stuff. ,fire not the best output,but boiler only as good as the system get it serviced when you get in and they will let you know ,

I have the 50/3, it gets serviced every five-seven years or so, whether it needs it or not….

I only fit high-tech applainces/control systems (with built-in obsolescence chip) for customers because the building regs say I have to. Get my drift?

DH

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys

meant to say, last year the BG Engineer made it 'AT RISK' because the living room doesn't have an air vent in the wall.

Is this really required? As house has had back boilers from day one in the 70's and no one has ever said anything until now. Owner refused to get big hole put in wall as they didn't like the idea of all the heat escaping and are of the opinion if it hasn't killed them now then it probably wont ?!?

steven

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back