BAXI BERMUDA INSET Boiler50/3 CORRODED FRONT PANEL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After fitting a new heat exchanger for my mother's Baxi Bermuda Inset Boiler 50/3 - G.C. No 44 077 59 The gas board decided the front panel/door of the combustion chamber was corroded and insulation broken down. The boiler and fire were installed 15 years ago and has been serviced annually by British Gas,

After making a phone call they told me the part had last been supplied in 2002 and was now obsolete. Has anyone got any suggestions where I might find a replacement part - new or used - that would be suitable for this boiler. In the last 12 months new controls and pump have been fitted and everything else if working really well.

I understand that Baxi make a BBU HE Condensing Back Boiler that may slot in with the existing Baxi Bermuda gas fire but would welcome all suggestions. My mother's almost 90 and is dreading the turmoil involved with installing a new system. [/url][/b]

Sponsored Links
Rob, I am highly surprised that you can't get parts for this boiler. The GC no. you supplied appears to relate to a Baxi 572W boiler, which is pre 1976. Don't beleive a word BG says, they are deperrate for you to have a new boiler.

If you are a GS RGI, then you would know where to get parts. Engage an RGI, and he will probably source the part for you. We can't give gas advice on this section of the forum.

Rob, I am highly surprised that you can't get parts for this boiler. The GC no. you supplied appears to relate to a Baxi 572W boiler, which is pre 1976. Don't beleive a word BG says, they are deperrate for you to have a new boiler.

If BG have gone to the effort of changing the heat exchanger why would they then tell the customer it wasnt repairable?

Surely they would have done that before they changed the HE?

Pointless BG bashing. :rolleyes:

Its hardly surprising parts are scarce if its over 34 years old.

The proper GC number of your appliance is 4407759

The parts you are after 193119 and 193120 are obsolete but it may be possible for them to adapt the heat pads from the back 193114 and 193117 to fit

Sponsored Links

If BG have gone to the effort of changing the heat exchanger why would they then tell the customer it wasnt repairable?

Pointless BG bashing. :rolleyes:

Its hardly surprising parts are scarce if its over 34 years old.

Read the thread, Pablo. the OPs boiler is 8 years old, but the GC no appears to be wrong. And BG DO mislead. I am still surprised an 8 year old boiler is obsolete

[Read the thread, Pablo. the OPs boiler is 8 years old, but the GC no appears to be wrong. And BG DO mislead. I am still surprised an 8 year old boiler is obsolete[/quote]

Ok, pablo, I'VE re-read the thread, and the PART was last supplied in 2002. Apologies. :oops:

Rob, I am highly surprised that you can't get parts for this boiler. The GC no. you supplied appears to relate to a Baxi 572W boiler, which is pre 1976.
Sorry I gave the wrong GC number it should have been 44 077 59. Thanks for your reply.

[/quote]
[/quote]

The work was carried out by two engineers. The first one who came to carry out the annual service identified the leaking heat exchanger and ordered the new part to be delivered to the house. Three days later a different engineer arrived with the new heat exchanger and fitted it. He decided that the front panel was unusable. I'm more than happy that they replaced the heat exchanger! In the meantime I am trawling the local scrapyards for the part.
Cheers
Robsmiff

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back