Baxi Bermuda pilot light keeps going out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had my back boiler service around 9months ago but I am experiencing the pilot light going out every other day.

Re-igniting is a pain but eventually it comes back on, only to go out again later.

I have tried adjusting the setting on the boiler from Level 1 to Max to see if that helps but it doesn't.

Anyone got any ideas??

Many thanks

Kev.

P.S First time on so a big hello to all

Sponsored Links
Partially blocked pilot jet, thermocouple failing. Need to get it serviced again.

do you have laminate floor, if so. you may need it servicing more often, as carpet normaly holds alot of the dust.......

The dining room has laminate floor but the lounge is carpeted.

When I got it serviced last, the bloke said that I needed to provide more ventilation for the room as the only vents when we move in was a brick sized on in the far lounge wall, same size on the side of the partitioned wall that surrounds the chimney, and one in the kitchen.

I replaced the vent in the lounge with a double brick sized vent before he came to service it as he said that he shouldn't really touch it until that was done.

Do you think that in me doing that has made it worse???

Kev

Sponsored Links
I have had the same problem with by baxi and it was the pilot jet blocked the jet needs to be removed and blown through

I have had the same problem with by baxi and it was the pilot jet blocked the jet needs to be removed and blown through

Is that an easy job for a DIYer or for a corgi bloke???

Kev

Means disconnecting and reconnecting a gas pipe so corgi job, I service a lot of these boilers, some all in a row of same houses and it's amazing how some are still clean from the service the year before and some are choked and well ready for another service, make sure your guy strips the pilot and the dismantles the burner to give it a thoroug clean out.

Kev

This may be a silly question but do you have a cat or dog as like myself having two dogs they make a lot of dust and this gets pulled into the boiler hence boiler full of dust.
This can happen as little as two months after a service the boiler can be full of dust again.
I am now changing mine for a condensing boiler put in the loft.

I told her we didn't need a bloody cat!!!!

Yeah, have one dozy, lazy git of a cat so will tell here that SHE will have to pay out for the next service.

Thanks for the advice chaps, will get it sorted later on and tell you how it goes. My mates work for Transco so its quite easy getting a decent recommendation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back