Baxi Bermuda Vp 3 firefront compatible with BB Vp boiler unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi we currently have fitted a Baxi Bermuda VP fire and boiler, there is a problem with the fire when trying to light it the ignition doesnt click to ignite fire and it has to be done manually by removing glass front etc. I cannot afford the expense of completly replacing back boiler, fire, central heating system and was wodering if a baxi Bermuda VP3 fire front is compatible with the back boiler as I maybe able to purchase 1 second hand that is in good working order, i could also purchase the back boiler to the BBvp3 as the person is selling both. I rang baxi tech team today but they told me they would not give opinion on whether compatible and I would struggle to find a fitter as these fires and boilers are now obsolete and I would basically need to replace fire and boiler for a new model (upgrade to condenser boiler etc) I simply do not have funds to afford this at the moment.

Sponsored Links
If the only issue is ignition on the firefront, this can only be one of three components, all readily available and none expensive.

Could be as simple as a faulty lead. Your registered gas-safe engineer will advise.

[QUOTE="simsiobahn, post: 3604439, member: 234862]I rang baxi tech team today but they told me they would not give opinion on whether compatible[/QUOTE]

What does opinion have to do with it?, it's either compatible or it's not. Other than that as above it sounds a cheap, easy fix.

Sponsored Links
yes it is compatible and its an absolute basic job that anyone who is reg for fires/boilers can do. You may also need a new supply pipe from the boiler to the fire as these come as a standard length and are then cut to size

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back