Wiring up a baxi bermuda vp firefront.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,is there anyone who can help me with the wiring of my baxi bermuda vp fire front.We had it fitted second hand by a corgi registered plumber who after fitting it told us that he wasnt qualified to wire up the lights has he didnt have a certain certificate.i now have a lovely fire that has no lights.I do have a book that came with it that shows wiring diagram but it mentions a permanent live and a swithed live.I am not sure whether the switched live is fo the boiler or the lights.Can anyone help.Information or a written diagram would be great.Thanks.

Sponsored Links
The booklet you have has all the information you need.

If you're not confident with electrics, get someone in who is!

Job for an RGi as complete fire front needs to be removed to wire up in accordance with man's spec's. The perm Live and switch live are fed to a plug located within boiler area.

If you don`t have lights then you wont have power to the ignition either. Although book says connect to boiler elec plug the chances are it wont have a permenant live to it anyway,so this will need adding.
Otherway of doing it is to stick a 3 pin plug on it doesn`t adhere to regs but loads like it

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all your replies.Unable to check whether we are able to use ignition switch yet as the plumber as had to order a pipe for the bottom as the other was too short,but interesting comment.Please could someone tell me if the switched live or the permanent live is used for the lights.Thanks

If lights are on a permanent live as I suspect does this mean that the ingnition for the fire is also connected to the permanent live also.Thanks

Permenant live to fire will supply power to both lights and ignition

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back