Baxi boiler pressure low and making pulsating sound.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Every so often my boiler pulsates. The pressure is also at 0.5. Are these two things related and if by increasing the pressure will this solve my problem. And how would I do this. I have seen videos about pressure loop. I have photos on my profile of the pressure gage and under my boiler. There is a metal pipe that I presume is the loop. But would not be brave neigh to try with out advise.

Sponsored Links
With the boiler off and cold, turn the black knob anti clockwise a quarter turn and water will flow into boiler. Raise to 1 bar and turn valve off. There you go, be brave. The groaning may stop, but if not come back.

What do you mean by pulsates?

Typically 0.5 is the min pressure required when cold. But can depend on the boiler. Check your manual. Is the filling loop you're referring to a flexible metal braided one?

Sponsored Links
When I say pulsate. Missus ran a bath and then after about ten mins the boiler just makes this noise that comes and goes every half a second. I can get the noise to stop by turning the heating on. And it all starts Woking fine again. I don't have a manual cause it's a property that I bought a yr ago and haven't seen a manual sitting about anywhere.
I will try the pressure thing to see if that solves the issue cause it seems reasonably easy.
Thanks for the help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back