Worcester 24i Junior Combi Boiler - Low Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, I've recently moved into a new home, which has a Worcester 24i Junior Combi Boiler. The pressure is low, and needs increasing asap. I've done a bit of research on here, and found out that if I clip the bottom off of the boiler there is a key underneath, etc. I cannot find anywhere at all where this key would fit, nor any kind of filling loop. It seems to me that it might be the case that I need to order an integral charging link (part 87161045920) - that this would then connect onto the underside of the boiler, and the key that I already have would then fit into this and allow me to increase the pressure. Could anybody please advise me as to whether this would definitely solve my problems? Thanks in advance......

Sponsored Links
Ask the previous owner what they did.

There must be some facility but I have never been to your house!

Cheaper to add a conventional filling loop if you had to.

Tony

Previous owner, from what I gather, was recently separated & didn't deal with such things herself. She had been getting by using it with the pressure low, but it's now got so low that it will not function. I have no idea how I'd go about fitting a conventional filling loop, but would be happy to pay £20 for an integral charging link if this would definitely solve the problem

I would say you should already have a filling facility.

Get boielr serviced and let engineer show you where?

Or fit a filling loop costing about £8 yourself.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Where would the fitting loop have to come from and to?

I have the 5 like notches on the underside of the boiler with no form of integral charging link fitted onto those. I see the 2nd one in from the right seems to be marked for 'water in'

All else I can find behind kitchen cupboards are 2 taps, none seem to have a fitting loop attached, nor anywhere particularly obvious to attach one, and neither seem to do much when turned.

Thanks for your help...

The instructions on the official site suggested using an integral charging loop, which I was all set to order, before basically being told on here that was a bad & unnecessary idea!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back