Worcester Boiler 24i Junior

There is usually an NRV (non return valve) in the boiler, this might be passing.

Are you suggesting that Worcester usually fit an NRV but then sometimes ( unusually ) they dont fit it?

Why would any manufacturer want to fit one in the boiler?

Tony

It is not uncommon to see boilers with NRVs, not sure why everyone called me a tit when its pretty common on a variety of machines out there.

Anyway to illustrate my point, the remeha avanta has one its on P49 of their manual.

Sponsored Links
It is not uncommon to see boilers with NRVs, not sure why everyone called me a tit when its pretty common on a variety of machines out there.

Anyway to illustrate my point, the remeha avanta has one its on P49 of their manual.

I would say it very uncommon to find a NRV fitted to a combi. I have never encountered one. I suspect the Remeha MI are wrong. That's a standard Fugas manifold...containing the magnetic shuttle, strainer and sometimes flowlimiter.

What other boilers have NRVs?

Mini expansion vessels are no longer fitted to normal combis so how would excess pressure be accomodated if manufacturers fitted NRVs. Normally DHW expansion is accomodated via backflow into the mains network.

Sponsored Links
I'm pretty sure the ATAG machines also have NRVs in them. Not sure about the current ones but the blue machines that were recently replaced had them immediately adjacent to the plate heat exchanger IIRC.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back