Baxi boiler problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please bare with me I'm not too technical. Recently moved into new house with a baxi bermuda inset 2 50/4 E and a Micrgyr RWB20 controller. The problem I have is that our hot water is extremely hot, and the boiler seems to be firing every 6-7 minutes for about 30-40 seconds as if it's trying to keep the HW topped up. I have replaced the stat on the outside of the tank in the airing cupboard as this seemed to be turning and turning. Having left it over night the stat is clicking at nearly 80degrees so I guess the water temp is still very hot. It does not seem to have stopped the boiler firing still every few minutes.

The other issue I have is that on the controller if I switch both off boiler does nothing :D
If I switch on HW on its own only the HW indicator turns from blue to red indicating its on again :D
But if leave HW off and switch CH on then both HW and CH indicators come on. Does this mean I can't have just CH on?

Question; should the boiler be firing every few minutes for a short time?
Should the new stat have stopped the hot water heating up and calling for heat if that's what's happening?
Is it worth emptying hot tank allowing it to start again and set the stat to say 50degrees and see if it stops then???

Any help gratefully received. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Vee ask de questions. Please detail ALL your system controls, and that includes motorised valves etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back