Main combi eco 30 Rads getting hot when hot water is on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
A problem has recently started on my Main Combi 30 Eco elite. When the CH is set to off on the timer the upstairs radiators are getting hot. This seems to get worse when the hot water is running for a while. I have noticed that even when the CH is off and no hot water is being used the boiler fires up for a 1-2 minutes every 5-10mins with the hot water indicator flashing (CH indicator does not light)The system is not loosing pressure and there is no room thermostat (only radiator thermostats). If I switch the selector from HW and CH to HW only the problem seems to stop.

Does anyone know what this may be? Am I right in thinking this could be a diverter valve problem?

Thanks in advance

Matt

Sponsored Links
Yes it sounds like your diverter valve is not closing completely on hot water demand, time to get someone in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back