Main Eco 30 no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ya Fellas

Got an Main 30 Eco that has a developed a no hot water fault.

Started noticing water losing its heat when running for a while.
Heating is fine.

Fault developed to no hot water once tap had run for 20 seconds with bolier clicking like mad.
Opened flap and when asking for HW neon indicator flashes from heating to HW with audible clicking. checked fault diagnoses which pointed to hall sensor which was also flashing its red indicator on and off.

powered off and carefully removed sensor then removed the valve which I assume to be some kind of restricter solenoid (instructions stated to clean filter on the bottom). Pretty clean when I did so with no blockage. Reassembled and cleaned cold water feed inlet filter for good measure which was also pretty clean.

Power on reset and now get nothing when asking for HW. Heating still fine.
No neons no flashing no clicking and of course no hot water.

Ive looked in parts diagram and it just gives complete hydraulic inlet assembly and not the solenoid/restricter but I have found someone on ebay flogging what looks like the part.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAIN-COMB...arden_Hearing_Cooling_Air&hash=item43c98655f4

Any thoughts or assistance.

Thanks

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Yeah that part will fit. Firstly put a magnet inside the sensor to make sure its working.

UPDATE

Ok so I removed the hall sensor and removed little pcb from plastic holder. Noticed a little moisture on board so dried everything (this may be from removal of restrictor). reassembled and noticed when mounting to restrictor it goes all the way over the restrictor nut not on it as its design would suggest. (note to self check things properly before removal).

Anyway seems the hall sensor can spin on its mounting. fired up power and boom neon light lit and got hot water. So i was not fitting it on restrictor nut properley. Anyway no initial fault anymore everything tickety boo.
Put cover on and flapped up control panel insert screws. Final test. Bugger

Flashing neons on panel flashing led on sensor mad clicking between HW and heating = no hot water.
Took panel off and everything ok.

after moving sensor on restrictor valve I was able to rectify and recreate the fault.

Seems that maybe restrictor valve is starting to fail and depending where sensor is positioned on its axis depends if it faults or not.
Very odd so I will replace this and see what happens.

Also got a load of grey sludge out of sump on original messing about. Was almost full???

Sponsored Links
Had this on the main eco30 he. Need a solid red on the halls sensor mine was flashing, also moved it slightly and all was well, but not for long. Couldn't get tje cartridge out so had to change the whole hydraulic inlet assembly. Also had to change divertor motor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back