Baxi boiler repressurising query (first time user of an existing system)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all ... we recently moved into a new house and have a Baxi duo tec combi boiler. After bleeding the radiators I've come to top up the boiler assuming I could easily work it out but have hit a stumbling block. There are a number of valves to open, but one of them is pretty stuck fast and I can't shift it by hand (ie I've not tried tools or knocking with a hammer). I managed to find the installation instructions online but there are no pictures of this sort of set up so I'm unclear if I need to persist with getting this valve open or whether I'm pursuing the wrong thing with this.
Can anyone offer any advice (i) whether this is right valve to be opening, and (ii) tips for getting a stuck valve open again (last time I had this problem the plastic level broke off so brute force maybe wasn't the best approach!)

I know it's probably a dumb question to ask, but thanks for any help!

Attachments

• IMG_2659.jpg
    IMG_2659.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 296
Sponsored Links
whether this is right valve to be opening

It is. Turn both blue handles a quarter turn until they are inline with pipework. If stiff you could take of the blue handle and use grips to turn the valve.

1. As denso13 said.
2. Just to be clear, there are only two valves involved, and each has a blue plastic handle. The brass hexagon nut to the right of the pipe within the red ring on your photograph does not require to be turned. It is a check valve to stop water from the system passing back into the mains.

Brilliant, thanks denso13 and oldbuffer, I'll give that a go in the morning! :)

Sponsored Links
I have a duo-tec combi which I acquired when we moved in. The filling loop valves were (still are) extremely stiff to open. It felt like I was going to snap them when opening it to fill!

I have a duo-tec combi which I acquired when we moved in. The filling loop valves were (still are) extremely stiff to open. It felt like I was going to snap them when opening it to fill!
Yeah, I managed to sort it this morning. Took the cap off any used grips to shift it, but once it was moving the lever seems to cope okay - I definitely wasn’t being gentle when I was trying yesterday! At least I know for future reference.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back