Baxi boiler timer change

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Baxi combo duo tec 33 He a boiler. It has a basic timer fitted on the boiler but due to where the boiler is fitted it is almost impossible to see the screen and use it. So I wa t to replace it with an external unit. I've seen the salus external one which looksike you just replace the timer but I wondered how easy it it?

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 254
Sponsored Links
its a very easy replacement, but have to say that salus in my experience are not the most reliable, I have never used the one you suggest though.

Thanks for the reply. When you say easy is it a simple remove and fit process. Are the wires a simple connection?

yes they are like for like just a live and neutral to power the unit then two black wires for the switch side, doesnt matter which way the two black wires are connected to the switching side, its simply a switch. if you want to post the model number of the salus I will tell you which colours go to which numbers on the salus

Sponsored Links
SALUS RT510BC WIRELESS PROGRAMMABLE THERMOSTAT & BOILER CONTROL BAXI POTTERTON

the salus product mentioned is a programmable (time & temperature) thermostat,do you have a separate room thermostat already fitted ?.

the above product is fairly new and have fitted many,easy to use and install a good Chinese product.

Seems like a decent product (well the mentioned product). worth a punt (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back