What to do with wires on boiler plugin-module/mech timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As I mentioned in this post //www.diynot.com/forums/plumbi...tat-to-baxi-duotec-40he.295862/#ixzz1cdSgXkFl, we have a Towerstat plug-in wireless receiver that fits in the mechanical timer slot of out Baxi Duo-Tec 40HE boiler.

I am in the process of replacing the plug-in towerstat with a Honeywell CMT927. I am happy with the wiring for the new Honeywell, thanks to the guys who replyed on my earlier post.

But I don't know if I should be doing anything with the existing wires for the mechanical timer/Towerstat plug in module?

Also there will be no cover of the slot so you will be able to see/touch the plug-in module wires inside? Can I just tape them up?

Sponsored Links
Snip them and put into sealed plastic connector boxes put the 2 blacks into same terminal blue and brown in seperate terminals

gas112: Sorry forgot to reply and say thanks for the advice.

I did contact Baxi about this and they confirm exactly what you have said.
But you were quicker at replying :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back