Baxi combi 105E pressure too high

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a Baxi combi 105E boiler, and for about 6 months or so now water have been slowly trickling out of the overflow pipe to the outside. But as the hot water and central heating was fine I ignored it (silly I know).

However, yesterday after running the hot tap for about 30 minutes the pressure went up to 3.5 and water was dripping (a fair bit) from inside the boiler.

We turned the boiler off for an hour or so then turned it back on, although the water is not dripping quite as bad out the back of the boiler it is still slightly dripping after we have run the hot water. The pressure seems to go down when the boiler is working but when it has finished it goes back up and seems to hover around 2.5 - 3.

Any thoughts please anybody - PS fairly new to plumbing so simple explanations welcome.

The boiler is about 2 years old

Thanks

Jason

Sponsored Links
A sudden rise in pressure like that is usually due to the expansion vessel.
It may need recharging or it may be goosed.
Look in the faqs on how to recharge the vessel

Graham

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back